HEADLINE: Gentlemen! Let Us Be Inspired By The Pole’s Victory Over Muhammed On This Day! by Mike Church via Substack
- On this day in 1683, 130,000 Mohammedans were GLORIOUSLY chased from the battlefield by Jon Sobieski & The Polish Army.
- On September 12, 1683, King Jan III Sobieski of Poland led an outnumbered Catholic coalition to victory against the Turks at the Battle of Vienna, breaking the Ottoman siege with history’s largest cavalry charge, involving some 20,000 horsemen.
- Polish/Lithuanian horsemen sang a customarily Polish hymn, the most ancient National Anthem in the world.
- When the husaria (as they are known in Polish) went into battle, they customarily sang a Polish hymn, the most ancient national anthem in the world, the Bogurodzica (Mother of God)
- The Poles sang a hymn to the Blessed Mother while conquering a superior, larger army.
- 30,000 Turks