Website – https://www.peterkwasniewski.com/
- I never ever repeat talks on a lecture tour.
- So there will be new information at each destination.
Sulphur – Lessons Catholics can learn from the history of the Popes.
Lafayette – Elevated by the past, the normative role in traditional life.
Covington – Poets, Lovers, Children, Madmen and Worshipers.
New Orleans – The genius of Christianities Roman Rite.
- A lot of what happens have practical reasons too.
- They had a natural habit of wanting to attach symbolism to them.
- Like washing the hands, it is a Ritual Purification – symbolic value.
- Lifting of the chasuble – in the beginning it was b/c they were very heavy garments.
- The Roman chasuble when it entered it is a much simpler and cut down shape.
- It is almost like a sandwich board and it is extremely easy to elevate the Host but we would never give up the ‘tradition’ of this.
- The Priest is acting as Christ – so it must be like the woman in the Gospel that touches Jesus’ garment to be healed.
- It isn’t contrary to anything it just ADDS to the symbolism of the Mass.
- The Catholic worship has always been deeply rooted w/ Jewish worship and structure.
- Christ was a Jew, His apostles were Jews – obviously they took what they knew from that and inserted Catholicism.
- Into the Passover Ritual –