The 14th Amendment
- It has been used to justify everything from banning VCR’s to sanctioning the murder of babies in this country.
- How many of you actually know what the 14th Amendment states?
- The Northerners were plotting and scheming to permanently subjugate the South.
- Read the actual text and you will see the viciousness in it.
- The 14th Amendment was never ratified. PERIOD.
OVERVIEW from Cornell Law School – The Fourteenth Amendment contains a number of important concepts, most famously state action, privileges & immunities, citizenship, due process, and equal protection—all of which are contained in Section One. However, the Fourteenth Amendment contains four other sections. Section Two deals with the apportionment of representatives to Congress. Section Three forbids anyone who participates in “insurrection or rebellion” against the United States from holding federal office. Section Four addresses federal debt and repudiates debts accrued by the Confederacy. Section Five expressly authorizes Congress to enforce the Fourteenth Amendment “by appropriate legislation.” The states ratified the Fourteenth Amendment in 1868 in the immediate aftermath of the American Civil War, along with the other Reconstruction Amendments—the Thirteenth and Fifteenth.
- How did the 14th Amendment become the Miracle Amendment?
AUDIO/VIDEO: Joe Biden on using the 14th Amendment – I have been considering the 14th Amendment, I am looking at months down the road to see if the courts would say about whether or not it works.