Socialist Party Platform of 1928- Courtesy Mikechurch.com
[Originally published by Mike Church on 08 October, 2012, during Barack Obama’s pursuit of a second term as POTUS]
1. “Nationalization of our natural resources, beginning with the coal mines and water sites, particularly at Boulder Dam and Muscle Shoals.”
2. “A publicly owned giant power system under which the federal government shall cooperate with the states and municipalities in the distribution of electrical energy to the people at cost.”
3. “National ownership and democratic management of railroads and other means of transportation and communication.”
4. “An adequate national program for flood control, flood relief, reforestation, irrigation, and reclamation.”
5. “Immediate government relief of the unemployed by the extension of all public works and a program of long range planning of public works … All persons thus employed to be engaged at hours and wages fixed by bona-fide labor unions.”
6. “Loans to states and municipalities without interest for the purpose of carrying on public works and the taking of such other measures as will lessen widespread misery.”
7. “A system of unemployment insurance.”
8. “The nation-wide extension of public employment agencies in cooperation with city federations of labor.”
9. “A system of health and accident insurance and of old age pensions as well as unemployment insurance.”
10. “Shortening the workday” and “Securing to every worker a rest period of no less than two days in each week.”
11. “Enacting of an adequate federal anti-child labor amendment.”
12. “Abolition of the brutal exploitation of convicts under the contract system and substitution of a cooperative organization of industries in penitentiaries and workshops for the benefit of convicts and their dependents.”
13. “Increase of taxation on high income levels, of corporation taxes and inheritance taxes, the proceeds to be used for old age pensions and other forms of social insurance.”
14. “Appropriation by taxation of the annual rental value of all land held for speculation.”
I fear that when presented with this amazing truth, many will not protest because they WANT these things but somehow still deny the origins and evil effects because ‘this is America and it is different here’. The crash, tragically for the [r]est of us, may be the only thing capable of waking them up.
Just a re-write of the Communist Manifesto…
that is amazing that most of those goals, maybe all to some degree have already been installed . Obama has his agenda almost in place already.
left out a woed in the original.