Nord Stream Pipeline
HEADLINE: Germany and EU Have Been Handed Over a Declaration of War by Pepe Escobar
- The pipes on both NS and NS2 can be repaired, of course, but hardly before the arrival of General Winter. The question is whether Gazprom – already focused on several hefty Eurasian customers – would bother, especially considering that Gazprom vessels could be exposed to a possible NATO naval attack in the Baltic.
- As if all of that was not serious enough, Germany is contractually obligated to purchase at least 40 billion cubic meters of Russian gas a year until 2030.
- QUESTION: Remember when Donald Trump told them NOT to do this?
- Just say no? They can’t: Gazprom is legally entitled to get paid even without shipping gas. That’s the spirit of a long-term contract. And it’s already happening: because of sanctions, Berlin does not get all the gas it needs but still needs to pay.
- If you could get bacon back in WWI they asked you to save your bacon fat for the nitrates b/c they used it to make bombs.